Below are important instructions and precautions that should be read prior to your procedure. If you have any questions please reach out to our office via text: (773)-832-5246 or phone: 773-276-1100.
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
TREATMENT WILL NOT BE PERFORMED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- If you have had dental work/cleanings, surgical procedure, or any vaccination (ie. Flu Shot) in the prior 3 weeks before your filler appointment or scheduled in the upcoming 3 weeks after your filler appointment.
- If you have an active cold sore or rash on the face, sinus infection, uncontrolled seasonal allergies, a common cold, any active illness or inflammation anywhere in the body.
*All illnesses should have resolved at least 3 weeks prior to the treatment date. Please call the office immediately to reschedule your treatment if this applies to you.
**If you need to cancel or reschedule, please give us 24 business hours notice to avoid any late cancellation fees.
- Plan to be in the practice for approximately 1.5 hours.
- A COVID rapid test will be performed in-office the same day as the filler appointment on the nurse schedule or you may choose to schedule a test in our office within 2 days prior to the filler appt.
- Testing may be performed at an outside lab within 2 days prior to your appointment if you prefer but we must receive results 24 hours before your filler appointment.
- The charge for in-office testing will be $50
- If the results are positive, the filler appointment will be canceled. There will be a charge of a $100 cancellation fee + the $50 for the in-office test (unless canceled greater than 24 hrs. prior to filler appointment)
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT:
- Avoid alcohol 2 days prior to treatment to minimize the risk of bruising.
- Avoid Aspirin and ibuprofen 14 days prior and 2 days post-treatment to minimize the risk of bruising. If you have been told to take aspirin daily by your doctor, please let us know before stopping it. Other medications to avoid include Excedrin™, Motrin™, Naprosyn™, Aleve™, Gingko, garlic supplements, fish oil, and Vitamin E, Almonds/Almond Milk.
- Be sure that you have communicated any pertinent medical history to your doctor including lidocaine allergies, medication allergies, new medications, pregnancy, breastfeeding, any new medical condition and any previous/recent cosmetic procedures.
- Patients with a history of cold sores may be prescribed medication prior to treatment to prevent a flare. Please let us know if you have a history of cold sores in the area we are planning to treat so that we may call in a prescription.
- Avoid dental work, including dental cleanings, 3 weeks prior to and 3 weeks post filler treatments.
- We recommend Arnica Montana, a natural supplement that can help with bruising, which can be taken a few days before, the day of and a few days after your filler treatment. Should you experience bruising, it is likely to resolve within 1-2 weeks. Bruising can occur despite following all precautions and can be delayed, meaning that it may not appear until 1-2 days post-treatment. Therefore, it is important that you plan accordingly and not schedule a treatment near an important event.
- Refrain from wearing a mask tightly fitted to the face for 48 hours after filler treatment (this may be relevant if you need to wear an N95 mask regularly).
- Avoid makeup to the treated areas for 24 hours after filler treatment.
- Refrain from exercise for 48 hours after treatment. Exercise during this time may increase the risk of bruising and swelling.
- Please try to avoid taking a flight within 48 hours after your filler appointment (flying does not impact fillers, but we would like you to be in town in case you need to come in for an issue the next day).
- Ice the treated areas for 10 minutes at a time for 1-2 hours after your treatment to minimize swelling and bruising.
- Sleep with your head elevated and preferably on your back for 2 days after your treatment.
- Do not massage for 48 hours and avoid getting a massage (face or body) for 1 week after your treatment.
- Please be advised that the filler cost has slightly increased recently and a new quote may be provided at the time of your visit.
As a practice, we will continue to follow the guidelines recommended by the CDC and IDPH to avoid transmission of influenza (flu) virus and coronavirus. Please inform us if you have any signs of a fever or cough and/or have recently traveled out of the country or to a state listed on the Chicago Travel Order as we may need to reschedule your appointment.