Below are important instructions and precautions that should be read prior to your procedure. If you have any questions please reach out to our office via text: (773)-832-5246 or phone: 773-276-1100.
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT (Botox, Fillers, Facials, and Lasers):
• Avoid alcohol 2 days prior to treatment to minimize the risk of bruising.
• Avoid Aspirin and ibuprofen 14 days prior and 2 days post-treatment to minimize the risk of bruising. If you have been told to take aspirin daily by your doctor, please let us know before stopping it. Other medications to avoid include Excedrin™, Motrin™, Naprosyn™, Aleve™, Gingko, garlic supplements, fish oil, and Vitamin E.
• Be sure that you have communicated any pertinent medical history to your doctor including lidocaine allergies, medication allergies, new medications, pregnancy, breastfeeding, any new medical condition, and any previous/recent cosmetic procedures.
• Patients with a history of cold sores may be prescribed medication prior to treatment to prevent a flare. Please let us know if you have a history of cold sores in the area we are planning to treat so that we may call in a prescription.
• Avoid dental work, including dental cleanings, 4 weeks prior to and 4 weeks post filler treatments.
• We offer Arnica Montana, a natural supplement that can help with bruising, which can be taken a few days before, the day of and a few days after your filler treatment. Should you experience bruising, it is likely to resolve within 1-2 weeks. Bruising can occur despite following all precautions and can be delayed, meaning that it may not appear until 1-2 days post-treatment. Therefore, it is important that you plan accordingly and not schedule a treatment near an important event.
• TREATMENT WILL NOT BE PERFORMED with an active cold sore or rash on the face, sinus infection, uncontrolled seasonal allergies, a common cold or any active illness or inflammation in the body. All illnesses should have resolved at least 2 weeks prior to treatment date. Please call the office immediately to reschedule your treatment if this applies to you.
*If you need to cancel or reschedule, please give us 24 business hours notice to avoid any late cancellation fees.
*Please arrive at the office without any makeup 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
• Refrain from exercise for 48 hours after treatment. Exercise during this time may increase the risk of bruising and swelling.
⦁ Please try to avoid taking a flight within 48 hours after your filler appointment (flying does not impact fillers, but we would like you to be in town in case you need to come in for an issue the next day).
*Ice the treated areas for 10 minutes at a time for 1-2 hours after your treatment to minimize swelling and bruising.
*Sleep with your head elevated and preferably on your back for 2 days after your treatment.
*Do not massage (or avoid getting a massage) for 48 hours after your treatment.
Lastly, please be advised that the filler charge/cost has slightly increased recently and a new quote may be provided at the time of the visit.
As a practice, we will continue to follow the guidelines recommended by the CDC and IDPH to avoid transmission of influenza (flu) virus and coronavirus. Please inform us if you have any signs of a fever or cough and/or have recently traveled out of the country as we may need to reschedule your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you on your visit. Should you have any questions or concerns prior to your appointment, feel free to reply here!