Due to the ongoing situation of COVID 19, our office is taking extra precautions to make sure our patients, staff, and community stay healthy and safe. As a practice, we will continue to follow the guidelines recommended by the CDC and IDPH to avoid transmission of the coronavirus. Please consider what is essential in the request for scheduling appointments. Please also consider what you do outside of the office and to continue to practice safe social distancing.
If you prefer to reschedule your appointment or have a telemedicine visit instead, please reach out. We will be happy to coordinate this for you when appropriate.
If you are over the age of 65, we strongly encourage you to postpone your visit for your personal health and safety if you are scheduled for a routine/non-urgent visit.
For all patients who come in for an appointment, we are taking great measures to maximize the safety of all of our staff, patients and providers in our space:
-All staff and providers will be wearing masks and gloves.
-All patients will be wearing masks.
-We have reduced our appointment volume this month to allow for social distancing and safety for all.
-We will thoroughly clean the exam room between each and every visit.
-All surfaces throughout the practice will be cleaned hourly with a medical-grade disinfectant.
-We will be screening patients one week before and one day before appointments for any at risk histories or symptoms.
-All who enter will be asked screening questions and have their temperature taken upon arrival to confirm compliance with these standards.
-We are marking appropriate distances on our floors throughout the practice. Please respect and abide by these markers.
-New hand sanitizer stations have been added in the waiting rooms and patient rooms.
-Wait times before appointments will be eliminated or minimized. The waiting room will be cleaned in between any waiting patients.
-Intake, scheduling, and check out will be contained in the exam rooms.
-If any products or prescriptions are needed from our store, we will deliver them to you in the room or can be purchased online.
-We will be deep cleaning the practice every evening after patient care.
In addition to the precautions Dermatology + Aesthetics are taking, we are asking our patients to please follow these precautions for their visit:
1) Have you been sick, have a new or unexplained rash, or traveled out of the state in the last 14 days? Contact us if you have recently been sick or have displayed any symptoms of illness in the last 14 days (fever, chills, cough, headaches, fatigue, loss of taste, loss of smell), if you have been in contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been asked to quarantine, or if you have had any travel out of the state within the last 14 days. We will be screening all patients with a questionnaire 1 week and 1 day prior to their appointment to ensure they can be seen. We will also be taking temperatures of all patients at the time of checking in for an appointment. If you have a fever we will reschedule your visit.
2) Please come alone to your appointment. Unless you are a parent or legal guardian of the minor being seen, or a caretaker for another individual who requires support, we ask that you bring no other guests or children to the visit to minimize unnecessary exposure. Those accompanying you to an appointment will also be required to have the same level of screening completed. Any additional guests will be asked to wait outside of our building. We are happy to reschedule if you are not able to make arrangements for this.
3) Arrive at your appointment on time. Please check the time of your appointment in your confirmation message. Do not arrive too early or late for your appointment. This is very important to make sure we are moving patients through their appointments consistently to negate any wait time in the building.
4) A mask will be required. Per CDC requirements, please make sure to wear a cloth mask when in transit and when you are in the building for optimal safety. This is added protection for our staff and other patients.
5) Maintain a safe distance. Please make sure you are maintaining a safe distance of six feet from all patients and staff while in the office. Seating will be adjusted for this in the event anyone has to wait to be seen (which we are trying to avoid if at all possible).
6) Fill out your paperwork ahead of time. Our staff will be requesting paperwork and any required documents at least 2 days in advance of your visit. We will email you one week prior to your visit alerting you what needs to be updated. If we have not received the requested items on time we will reach out to collect 2 days in advance. We will not allow patients to be seen if paperwork is not completed, and will be rescheduling any appointments if we do not receive the necessary updates in advance. This will minimize the amount of contact you have with our staff and the amount of time you are in the office overall.
Our staff will be reaching out to you via Klara (our text messaging software system) to let you know if updates to your paperwork are needed. All patients have access to our online portal where you can proactively update your health history and demographics. If you have had any changes to your Insurance or ID, please submit photos of those cards via Klara. If you have any issues, our staff are ready to walk you through the process.
7) Make sure you have a current credit card on file. We will only be charging the credit cards on file for these visits if a balance is due. We will NOT be accepting Cash or Checks. With a card on file, we do not need your card in hand. It will make co-pays, fee-for-service visits, and store purchases hands-free.
We may need to shift your appointment time by 10 or 20 min to adjust our schedule to minimize the patient volume and optimize safety. Please check your appointment time in the confirmation email/text.
We are asking all patients to comply with the above requests in order to be seen for their appointment and minimize the time in the practice. Our goal is to get every patient into their exam room straight upon arriving and immediately out the door after their visit. We must have each patients’ support by following the above guidelines in order to accomplish this as safely as possible.
With much gratitude,
Keren Horn, Meyer Horn and Neha Robinson
Owners and Medical Directors
Dermatology + Aesthetics