We appreciate your kind consideration of our office policies. Their purpose is to provide consistent quality service to all our patients equally.
Due to the ongoing situation of COVID 19, our office is taking extra precautions to make sure our patients, staff, and community stay healthy and safe. As a practice, we will continue to follow the guidelines recommended by the CDC and IDPH to avoid transmission of the coronavirus. Please consider what is essential in the request for scheduling appointments. Please also consider what you do outside of the office and to continue to practice safe social distancing.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, please contact our office immediately:
- Have you recently been sick or have you displayed any symptoms of illness in the last 14 days including fever, chills, cough, headaches, difficulty breathing, nasal congestion, fatigue, loss of taste, loss of smell diarrhea, congestion, runny nose, or a new unexplained rash?
- Have you tested positive for having COVID-19 in the last 30 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household been in close contact or caring for anyone who has been confirmed as having COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
Please note that all patients will be required:
- To wear a mask for the entirety of your time in Dermatology + Aesthetics?
- Have your temperature taken at the start of your visit and logged.
*If you plan on biking to your appointment, this may raise your body temperature. You must arrive 15 minutes early and wait outside of the building for your body temp to normalize prior to entry.
If you prefer to reschedule your appointment or have a telemedicine visit instead, please reach out. We will be happy to coordinate this for you when appropriate.
If you are over the age of 65, we strongly encourage you to postpone your visit for your personal health and safety if you are scheduled for a routine/non-urgent visit.
MONDAY:8:00AM – 7:00PM
TUESDAY: 8:00AM – 7:00PM
WEDNESDAY: 8:00AM – 4:30PM
THURSDAY: 7:30AM – 7:30PM
FRIDAY: 7:30AM – 2:30PM
SATURDAY: 8:00AM – 4:00PM
Phone (773) 276-1100
Text our Klara app: (773)-276-1100
For all patients who come in for an appointment, we are taking great measures to maximize the safety of all of our staff, patients, and providers in our space. Please see below for a list of precautions our office is taking:
-All providers and the majority of all staff are fully vaccinated.
-All staff and providers will be wearing masks.
-All patients will be wearing masks.
-We will thoroughly clean the exam room between each and every visit.
-All who enter will be asked screening questions and have their temperature taken upon arrival to confirm compliance with these standards.
-We have installed ‘plexiglass shields’ also known as sneeze-guards to minimize contact between our Patient Services staff and patients.
-We are marking appropriate distances on our floors throughout the practice. Please respect and abide by these markers.
-New hand sanitizer stations have been added in the waiting rooms and patient rooms.
-Wait times before appointments will be eliminated or minimized. The waiting room will be cleaned in between any waiting patients.
-We will be deep cleaning the practice every evening after patient care.
In addition to the precautions Dermatology + Aesthetics are taking, we are asking our patients to please follow these precautions for their visit:
1) Please come alone to your appointment. Unless you are a parent or legal guardian of the minor being seen, or a caretaker for another individual who requires support, we ask that you bring no other guests or children to the visit to minimize unnecessary exposure. Those accompanying you to an appointment will also be required to have the same level of screening completed. Any additional guests will be asked to wait outside of our building. We are happy to reschedule if you are not able to make arrangements for this.
2) Arrive at your appointment on time. Please check the time of your appointment in your confirmation message. Do not arrive too early or late for your appointment. This is very important to make sure we are moving patients through their appointments consistently to negate any wait time in the building.
3) A mask will be required. Per CDC requirements, please make sure to wear a cloth mask when in transit and when you are in the building for optimal safety. This is added protection for our staff and other patients.
4) Maintain a safe distance. Please make sure you are maintaining a safe distance of six feet from all patients and staff while in the office. Seating will be adjusted for this in the event anyone has to wait to be seen (which we are trying to avoid if at all possible).
5) Fill out your paperwork ahead of time. Our staff will be reaching out to you via Klara (our text messaging software system) to let you know if updates to your paperwork are needed. All patients have access to our online portal where you can proactively update your health history and demographics. If you have had any changes to your Insurance or ID, please submit photos of those cards via Klara. If you have any issues, our staff are ready to walk you through the process.
6) Make sure you bring a valid credit card to your visit. We will NOT be accepting Cash or Checks.
We may need to shift your appointment time by 10 or 20 min to adjust our schedule to minimize the patient volume and optimize safety. Please check your appointment time in the confirmation email/text.
We are asking all patients to comply with the above requests in order to be seen for their appointment and minimize the time in the practice. Our goal is to get every patient into their exam room straight upon arriving and immediately out the door after their visit. We must have each patients’ support by following the above guidelines in order to accomplish this as safely as possible.
With much gratitude,
Keren Horn, Meyer Horn, and Neha Robinson
Owners and Medical Directors
Dermatology + Aesthetics
The following applies to patients who have medical insurance:
We require you to fill out our financial policy so that we have an agreement for payment in rendering your service. We request that a credit card number be given at your first appointment and periodically updated at the time of expiration. If you elect not to leave a credit card, we require a deposit of $150.00 per visit. This deposit will apply towards your visit once insurance has processed if there is a remaining patient balance. You will be refunded for overpayment on your account, when applicable within 15 days of complete payment.
We bill your insurance company as a direct courtesy to our patients. We work with each patient and their provider to reconcile any payment disputes. There is a limit to the services our billing team can provide due to the high administrative cost involved. We strongly suggest you monitor your account carefully. We ensure our best effort to make this as smooth a process as possible.
Monthly statements consist of a patient balance and insurance balance. When an insurance provider is held accountable for services provided, you are only held liable for what is considered the patient portion. In situations when your insurance provider pays its portion and you have a remaining patient balance, you will receive one billing statement from our office. We ask that you submit this payment within 30 days from the date of the statement. Your payment will be charged to your credit information on file with our office if you do not pay on time.
You also have the option of automatic bill pay. With this option, you can opt-out of receiving statements for any balances remaining on your account after insurance submits payment. Once payment is made, our office will email you a receipt.
When your insurance provider delays or withholds payment for 90 days or longer, both the insurance and patient portions will become your responsibility. Please keep in mind that any reimbursement to us at a later date will be credited to your account and reimbursed to you promptly.
If there has been a change in your contact or insurance information, please contact the billing department at 773.276.6823 or at email@example.com.
HIPAA and Notice of Privacy Practices
- If you arrive 15 minutes or more after your scheduled appointment time, your appointment may need to be rescheduled or you will have a longer wait before you are seen.
- Appointment times are reserved especially for you. Please be mindful of this if you are unable to keep your appointment. Providing us with a 24 business hour notice will help us make this appointment available to another patient.
- In the event that you no-show or cancel less than 24 business hours prior to your scheduled general dermatology appointment, you will incur a charge of $25.00.
- In the event that you no-show or cancel less than 24 business hours prior to your scheduled aesthetic or laser appointment, you will incur a charge of $50.00.
- In the event that you no-show or cancel less than 24 business hours prior to your scheduled surgical, cosmetic injectable, wellness, or acupuncture appointment you will incur a charge of $100.00.
You will be reminded of these fees at the time of scheduling.