WooCommerce is integrated for tracking of orders placed on site.
WooCommerce > Orders in the left hand admin menu.
Each order row displays useful details, such as the customer’s address, email, telephone number, and the order status. You can click the order number or the ‘view order’ button to see the single order page (this is also where you can edit the order details and update the status).
Order rows also have some handy shortcut buttons to quickly mark orders complete and processing.
- Order – Order # and Name of customer placing order
- Purchased – Item count (able to click on link to view items ordered)
- Ship to – Address, Shipping method information and Estimated date of delivery)
- Customer Message – any custom messages placed when customer placed order
- Order Notes – If an item was canceled. shipped, further status information on an order
- Date – Date order was placed
- Total – Total dollar amount and payment method
- Actions – Clicking on the eye icon will bring up the order details
- Pending payment – Order received (unpaid)
- Failed – Payment failed or was declined (unpaid).
- Processing – Payment received and stock has been reduced – the order is awaiting fulfillment
- Completed – Order fulfilled and complete – requires no further action
- On-Hold – Awaiting payment – stock is reduced, but you need to confirm payment
- Cancelled – Cancelled by an admin or the customer – no further action required
- Refunded – Refunded by an admin – no further action required
You can filter the list of displayed orders by date, status and customer by using the form at the top of the screen.
Editing/viewing single orders
- From the single order page not only can you view all order data, you can edit and update it. You can:
- Change the order status
- Edit order items – modify the product, prices, and taxes
- Stock – Reduce and restore stock for an order
- Order Actions – Resend order emails to the customer using the drop down menu above the Save Order button. Send
- New Order, Processing Order, Completed Order or Customer Invoice emails – very handy if manually creating an order for your customers
- Modify product Meta to edit product variations by removing and adding meta.
The order data panel lets you modify the order status, view (or change) the customer’s order note, and change which user the order is assigned to.
You’ll also find the customers billing and shipping addresses, along with a link to view other purchases the customer may have had in the past. To edit addresses, click ‘edit’ and a form will appear. Once saved, the new address will be displayed in a localized format.
There is a synopsis window to the right that gives an overview of your shipping information. Including the Carrier Information and Tracking Number.
Please note: To edit the order, the status must be set to On Hold or Processing Payment.
The next panel on the order page is the order items panel. This panel lists items which are in the order, as well as quantities and prices.
The editable parts of line items include:
- Tax Class – Tax class for the line. This may be adjusted if, for example, the customer is tax exempt.
- Quantity – The quantity of the item the user is purchasing
- Line Subtotal – Line price and line tax before pre-tax discounts
- Line Total – Line price and line tax after pre-tax discounts
- Add Meta – Add and remove meta to change product variable options.
- Sorting – Sort by Item, Cost, Quantity, and Total by clicking on the respective listed items.
- Here you can also add additional fees for items. Click “Add fee” and fill out the fee name, tax status and amount:
The Order Totals panel stores totals and tax for the order. You can enter these values yourself or have them part calculated for you using the ‘calc totals’ button. The totals comprise of the following:
- Cart Discount – pre-tax discounts. Can be auto-calculated.
- Order Discount – post-tax discounts. Need to be input manually.
- Shipping cost – cost excluding tax.
- Shipping method – name of the method.
- Cart tax – cart tax total.
- Shipping tax – shipping tax total.
- Order total
- Payment method – name of the payment method used.
- There are two buttons available on this panel – calc taxes and calc totals. Calculating taxes will use your prices, and calculate the tax based on the customer’s shipping address. If the customer’s address has not been input, it will default to the stores base location.
Manually Adding an Order
Add an order using the ‘Add New’ link at the top of the orders page. Once added you can input the customer details, add line items, and calculate the totals. You should set a relevant status for the new order – if it needs to be paid use ‘pending’.
After saving, you can use the Order Actions dropdown to email the Customer Invoice with payment instructions. To send, be sure to select Save Order.
- The ‘Order Notes’ panel displays notes attached to the order. These are used for storing event details, such as payment results or reducing stock levels, and for adding notes to the order for customers to view. Some payment gateways also add notes for debugging.
- The notes panel – for internal use, or notifying customers
- The notes feature can be a very powerful tool for communicating with customers. Need to add a tracking number for shipping? Some stock is delayed? Add a customer note and they will be automatically notified.
- When added, customer notes are highlighted in purple. Customers receive notes via email, but can view them by viewing an order, or using the WooCommerce order tracking page.
Credit Card Orders
- Customer chooses Credit Card during checkout
- The website verifies the credit card data through integration with Braintree
- Order gets submitted to Braintree
- Customer receives email receipt
If the customer later cancels the order, someone needs to:
- Log in to the website and go to WooCommerce -> Orders. Click on the order, and go to Refund.
- Website: You can change the status of the order to Cancelled and also issued the Cancelled email.