Thank you for your appointment with Dermatology + Aesthetics. Please read this page in its entirety. There are important restrictions and precautions for your upcoming appointment that have been put in place to help ensure everyone’s safety. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to one of our staff members.
Due to the ongoing situation of COVID 19, our office is taking extra precautions to make sure our patients, staff, and community stay healthy and safe. As a practice, we will continue to follow the guidelines recommended by the CDC and IDPH to avoid transmission of the coronavirus. Please consider what is essential in the request for scheduling appointments. Please also consider what you do outside of the office and to continue to practice safe social distancing.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, please contact our office immediately:
- Have you recently been sick or have you displayed any symptoms of illness in the last 14 days including fever, chills, cough, headaches, difficulty breathing, nasal congestion, fatigue, loss of taste, loss of smell, or a new unexplained rash?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled by plane in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household been in close contact with anyone who has been confirmed as having COVID-19?
- Are you or anyone in your household (personally or occupationally) caring for a confirmed COVID-19 patient?
If you answer no to any of the following questions, please contact our office immediately:
- Do you agree to wear a mask for the entirety of your time in Dermatology + Aesthetics?
- Do you agree to have your temperature taken at the start of your visit and logged? If you plan on biking to your appointment, this may raise your body temperature. You must arrive 15 minutes early and wait outside of the building for your body temp to normalize prior to entry.
If you prefer to reschedule your appointment or have a telemedicine visit instead, please reach out. We will be happy to coordinate this for you when appropriate.
If you are over the age of 65, we strongly encourage you to postpone your visit for your personal health and safety if you are scheduled for a routine/non-urgent visit.
Our staff can be reached M-F between the hours of 8:30am and 4pm.
Phone (773) 276-1100
Text our Klara app: (773)-832-5346.
For all patients who come in for an appointment, we are taking great measures to maximize the safety of all of our staff, patients, and providers in our space. Please note our staff will be reaching out 3 days before your appointment to collect a COVID-19 informed consent, a COVID-19 prescreen questionnaire, as well as any updated to your insurance, credit card and health history. These must be completed 24 hours BEFORE your appointment in order for us to see you. If you do not have these completed on time, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
Please see below for a list of precautions our office is taking:
-All staff and providers will be wearing masks and gloves.
-All patients will be wearing masks.
-We have reduced our appointment volume this month to allow for social distancing and safety for all.
-We will thoroughly clean the exam room between each and every visit.
-All surfaces throughout the practice will be cleaned hourly with a medical-grade disinfectant.
-We will be screening patients one week before and one day before appointments for any at-risk histories or symptoms.
-All who enter will be asked screening questions and have their temperature taken upon arrival to confirm compliance with these standards.
-We have installed ‘plexiglass shields’ also known as sneezeguards to minimize contact between our Patient Services staff and patients.
-We are marking appropriate distances on our floors throughout the practice. Please respect and abide by these markers.
-New hand sanitizer stations have been added in the waiting rooms and patient rooms.
-Wait times before appointments will be eliminated or minimized. The waiting room will be cleaned in between any waiting patients.
-Intake, scheduling, and check out will be contained in the exam rooms.
-If any products or prescriptions are needed from our store, we will deliver them to you in the room or can be purchased online.
-We will be deep cleaning the practice every evening after patient care.
In addition to the precautions Dermatology + Aesthetics are taking, we are asking our patients to please follow these precautions for their visit:
1) Have you been sick, have a new or unexplained rash, or traveled out of the state in the last 14 days? Contact us if you have recently been sick or have displayed any symptoms of illness in the last 14 days (fever, chills, cough, headaches, fatigue, loss of taste, loss of smell), if you have been in contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or has been asked to quarantine or if you have had any travel out of the state within the last 14 days. We will be screening all patients with a questionnaire 1 week and 1 day prior to their appointment to ensure they can be seen. We will also be taking temperatures of all patients at the time of checking in for an appointment. If you have a fever we will reschedule your visit.
2) Please come alone to your appointment. Unless you are a parent or legal guardian of the minor being seen, or a caretaker for another individual who requires support, we ask that you bring no other guests or children to the visit to minimize unnecessary exposure. Those accompanying you to an appointment will also be required to have the same level of screening completed. Any additional guests will be asked to wait outside of our building. We are happy to reschedule if you are not able to make arrangements for this.
3) Arrive at your appointment on time. Please check the time of your appointment in your confirmation message. Do not arrive too early or late for your appointment. This is very important to make sure we are moving patients through their appointments consistently to negate any wait time in the building.
4) A mask will be required. Per CDC requirements, please make sure to wear a cloth mask when in transit and when you are in the building for optimal safety. This is added protection for our staff and other patients.
5) Maintain a safe distance. Please make sure you are maintaining a safe distance of six feet from all patients and staff while in the office. Seating will be adjusted for this in the event anyone has to wait to be seen (which we are trying to avoid if at all possible).
6) Fill out your paperwork ahead of time. Our staff will be requesting paperwork and any required documents 3 days in advance of your visit. We will email you one week prior to your visit alerting you what needs to be updated. If we have not received the requested items 24 hours before your visit we will not allow patients to be seen and will reschedule your appointment. This will minimize the amount of contact you have with our staff and the amount of time you are in the office overall.
Our staff will be reaching out to you via Klara (our text messaging software system) to let you know if updates to your paperwork are needed. All patients have access to our online portal where you can proactively update your health history and demographics. If you have had any changes to your Insurance or ID, please submit photos of those cards via Klara. If you have any issues, our staff are ready to walk you through the process.
7) Make sure you have a current credit card on file. We will only be charging the credit cards on file for these visits if a balance is due. We will NOT be accepting Cash or Checks. With a card on file, we do not need your card in hand. It will make co-pays, fee-for-service visits, and store purchases hands-free.
We may need to shift your appointment time by 10 or 20 min to adjust our schedule to minimize the patient volume and optimize safety. Please check your appointment time in the confirmation email/text.
We are asking all patients to comply with the above requests in order to be seen for their appointment and minimize the time in the practice. Our goal is to get every patient into their exam room straight upon arriving and immediately out the door after their visit. We must have each patients’ support by following the above guidelines in order to accomplish this as safely as possible.
With much gratitude,
Keren Horn, Meyer Horn and Neha Robinson
Owners and Medical Directors
Dermatology + Aesthetics